Widening the window track??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Widening the window track???

pontiacman99
10-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Since almost 3/4 of us on here have the window scratch problem can someone who has widened their track to stop this from happening please post a thread letting us not so mechanically inclined people know how to do it?

Exodus
10-26-2005, 10:36 AM
If im not mistaken, I believe it's not the width of the track to be the problem, it's the type of squeegies that are attached. My sis, explorer, moms grand marquie and dads sonata all have rubber touching the windows. My grand am has these fiber looking things touching the windows. Dirt gets caught in there and scratches sh!t up.

mr_eh
10-26-2005, 10:45 AM
unless your windows got tints, dont worry about it - its barely noticeable, but to widen it you have to take the door apart and literally bend everything outwards...

AznGA
10-26-2005, 04:53 PM
It would be pretty hard to widen it. That's just the way the door is designed. I really don't think there is a way to fix it. What I did was I took a towel and kinda wiped the inside of the track. It helped a lot. My front windows have some scratches and I wish I would have cleaned the track more often.

pontiacman99
10-26-2005, 07:37 PM
thanks to everyone for the info, and as an addition I am planning on tinting my windows and even if I wasn't when the sunlight hits those scratches it blinds me

BiHStL
10-26-2005, 08:12 PM
im gettin tint soon, and i only have two small scratches, all on the outside, plus the shop guaranteed me that its scratch proof tint, even after i told em about the grand am window prob, and they said they would cover the scratches if it happens