speeding ticket help PLEASE..!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket help PLEASE..!!

w82drv
10-27-2005, 08:54 PM
ok i got like my 3rd speeding ticket in suffex county virginia last weekend for 67 in a 55 on rt. 460 goin towards va beach and i had it set on cruise control at 65 but i guess i was goin down hill so it picked up 2 mph ya know and need to think of a way out. i wanna take my car to a speedometer calibration site and check it and maybe fool with the speed sensor plugs. i was thinkin about jammin like a piece of dry paper in the terminals so it wouldnt read as well. if there is anything else out there i could try PLEASE leave me some info PLEASE, thank you guys yall are the best

:feedback:

sc02grandam
10-27-2005, 08:57 PM
dont speed

mr_eh
10-27-2005, 09:00 PM
boohoo? seriously dude... take it like a man

w82drv
10-27-2005, 09:00 PM
yeah thanks, no ones perfect with speed, everyone does it but not everyone gets caught.....but hey i really appreciate the info u gave to me, very useful THANKS and boohoo huh, THANK YOU also for ur input and if i didnt have 2 tickets already thanks to the faget ass state of MD where 55 means 55 not 57 or 59 like my first 2 tickets, than i would take it like a man but i aint i was tryin to get this ticket knocked down to a def. eqip. but again i thank u as i do the last person who commented for ur knowledgable input

boost21
10-27-2005, 09:03 PM
im sorry dude but needle calibration excuses went out a long time ago because even if you get them to say your needle is off by 5 mph you will still be speeding

w82drv
10-27-2005, 09:04 PM
not really man my friend in his alero got away with it 22 mph over with his needle being off my 5 mph...wanna explain that AND AGAIN thank u for ur input really

boost21
10-27-2005, 09:07 PM
me and the others aren't trying to argue with you but whatever. your friend got lucky but y dont you ask him what he did? because the most you will get on here is **** from people

w82drv
10-27-2005, 09:26 PM
well i know how radar guns work my step dads a state cop, im sayin tho ive heard of messin up the sensors i wasnt sure if anyone else heard of any other way to do something but if ur speedometer os off man yeah the radar gun will get u doin w.e ur doin but if ur goin a speed u think u are but arent than thats deff, eqip,

O1GAGT
10-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Well **** if that works I will just take the DHP tuner and change the tire size in the computer and then say something was messed up, have a shop verify it was messed up and wow I get out of a ticket. I doubt it is that easy, so I won't speed for a few more years.

Graxall
10-27-2005, 09:48 PM
well i know how radar guns work my step dads a state cop
that means that ticket isnt worth the paper its printed on buddy.
Go into court and tell them your dads a state trooper and u shud get out of it. But maybe not cuz ur driving fast all the time obviously and get caught...odd how you picked up speed tho, its only 2mph but cruise control works off RPM, it reads the rpm u are at wen u set it and keeps it there, if your not physically hittign hte pedal while going downhill you shudnt gain hp, ur car will just lower the rpm's to set the speed u were at =/

xxbackhillxx
10-27-2005, 09:51 PM
im with everyone else... dont speed :newbie:

DumpsterDamon
10-27-2005, 09:57 PM
dude...you set your cruise for 10mph over the speed limit. you knew what you were doing. if you're looking for sympathy, then you're looking in the wrong place.

you ****ed up, you know it, take it like a man.

bigbenSC
10-27-2005, 10:11 PM
Man are you ever going to be fighting an uphill battle with that record. Courts don't look favorably on 3 tickets in 2 years. Good luck....

02andahalfgt
10-27-2005, 10:15 PM
dude...you set your cruise for 10mph over the speed limit. you knew what you were doing. if you're looking for sympathy, then you're looking in the wrong place.

Amen.
And of course 55 means 55. Why do you think they put up those neat little signs? :rolleyes: If you can't learn to obey the laws then buy a V1.

:farz:

DevilSlayer
10-27-2005, 10:20 PM

Just plead quilty and you'll get 1 point knocked off. And yeah, you set the cruise control to 10 over, you knew you were speeding. BUT, if you remember the cops face and you don't see him in court you can plead not guilty and since the cop isn't there to disprove your not quilty claim you get off scott free with no fines or court fees. But you have to absolutely be sure that your ticketing officer isn't there, if he is and hes there to prove you sped then you get the full points and fines. So, you knew you were speeding, you even set the cruise control. Just plead guilty and make it easier on yourself. Also, MD cops generally (I emphasize GENERALLY, they can be picky somtimes) accept between 5-9 over on highways and main roads, which is what i usually stay in. Once you go 10 over its 2 points and the cops will nail your ass. Also, if you're going 5 over in a residential,school area, or constuction zone, MD cops will nail you as well. Also, don't make it seem like we're all against you. 3 tickets in 2 years is a lot. You know exactly what you were doing, don't make it sound like the cops are out to get YOU. Even if your speedometer is a little off, you were still knowingly speeding and you'd be lieing if you said that you didn't.

MSJHWT
10-27-2005, 10:20 PM
OT but you really got a speeding ticket in MD for 57 in a 55 and 59 in a 55? I really can't believe that unless you were weaving in and out of traffic or something like that. Maybe in court it was reduced to a 59 or 57 so you got 1 pt instead of 2....
But if you're really serious, I doubt shoving a piece of paper anywhere would fool a shop. Just go buy some 18s with meat on em or borrow a friends or something, get your speedo recalibrated by a shop and bring the reciept. My first time in court an older guy got let off having his tires recalibrated. He had like a 800 reciept from the shop because he said 2 tires were different sizes hed just bought the truck, bought new tires and recalibrated.

crazypontiac03
10-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Just pay the Dam fine and stop speeding and most importantly dont get caught.

Psi
10-27-2005, 10:37 PM
LoL I love the fact I live in canada.
I cruise on the highway (in the middle lane) at around 129 (fines go up every 15kmph) which is rougly 19mph over the limit.
Cops don't flintch.