Head Unit Installation [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Head Unit Installation

justingt
10-28-2005, 05:08 PM
I am going to be putting a aftermarket head unit, probably an Alpine, in my 2001 Grand Am GT. I am planning on buying one on ebay, so I will have to install it myself. I am wondering what other parts I need to purchase, and some basic instructions on how to install it. Thanks!!!!!

pontiacman99
10-28-2005, 05:26 PM
do a search before asking odds are you will probably find it faster that way I know you can find the instructions and I am almost positive that you will be able to find a parts list

badboy2451
10-28-2005, 09:14 PM
buy a wiring harness for your year, make, and model and also a dash mount kit

disconnect battery yerminal, take the new wiring harness and connect all wires that are possible with the old stock harness and then put back in...very simple

iceman
10-28-2005, 09:32 PM
Welcome to the forums.. the reason your thread is here rather than being deleted is so you can read the responses.

When you post a new thread, there's a button next to the title that searches for you. You really need to search past threads as 99% of the common questions have already been answered too many times. The information is at your fingertips.. enjoy

AznGA
10-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Welcome. Glad to see another Iowan.

grandamgt88
10-29-2005, 10:30 PM
I am going to be putting a aftermarket head unit, probably an Alpine, in my 2001 Grand Am GT. I am planning on buying one on ebay, so I will have to install it myself. I am wondering what other parts I need to purchase, and some basic instructions on how to install it. Thanks!!!!!

well first u need to go to lik a store that sells head unit harnesses and find one that will fit the GA and then just follow the instructions that it gives u it will run u lik 10 bucks or so