Which new part(s) should I buy? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Which new part(s) should I buy?

tigerboyreii
10-29-2005, 03:16 PM
I've noticed some different heads on the market, as well as headers and cat backs. I was wondering if anyone had any input on this? The two heads I was looking at were the ones from Milzy and from DonkeyPunch (do any others exist), and I was going to go all out. DonkeyPunch has some P&P ones w/ LS2 springs and SI valves, while Milzy isn't so specific, just stating firm springd and undercut valves. Which one do you think is better? And what about headers? S&S, or TOGs? And as for cat back, SLP or Borla? Which ones produce more power? Is there a real big difference in any of these? Any help would be nice, thanks!

xxbackhillxx
10-29-2005, 03:23 PM
Since you only have 5 posts I'm going to assume you don't browse the forums too much. Headers and Cat-back systems have been covered many times before, so use the search and read up on them.

As far as heads go, I have Milzy's and can't complain. He does very clean work (LS1 springs, 9 angle valve job, ported to what looked like 200%, etc.). I haven't seen the DPP heads, and there aren't many 3400's with them yet, so I have no input on them. I would directly ask Germ about them.

tigerboyreii
10-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Do you have the stage 1 or 2 heads?