Power Steering Flush [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Flush

DevilSlayer
11-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Car has just passed 91k miles (still no LIM leak), and I don't think the power steering fluid has been changed since I bought it at 55k miles (not sure it was changed then either). I did a search and I couldn't find anything that really satisfied me. There's gotta be a way other then a turkey baster to get all the PS fluid out. Second, if all the fluid is out, what is the capacity of PS system? And being the Royal Purple whore that I am (motor oil, complete 16 quarts of the tranmission system is filled with RP Max ATF, and lets not forget Purple Ice in the cooling system), its going to get filled with Royal Purple Power Steering fluid.

DevilSlayer
11-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Car has just passed 91k miles (still no LIM leak)....
Spoke too soon. I had my car in to check my wheel speed sensors (but found out it was just loose terminals on the battery.) they saw coolant. They did a pressure check and found that my LIM is leaking, BUT its leaking outside the engine. Nothing is mixing with oil yet. But still no takers on power steering flush?

digitalballz
11-06-2005, 08:29 AM
easiest way is the turkey baster idea. As for filling it, i think there is a little dipstick if you will when you take the cap off.