New To the site [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : New To the site

NCI Grand Am
11-05-2005, 10:41 PM
just wanted to say hey to everyone I'm new here. I have a 2000 Grand am GT. got some things done to it but cuttin it up soon. I'm knoledgable on the Grand Am's and Car audio so if anybody needs help let me know. allways out to help everyone. lil info about me I hate spoilers, carbon fiber, I hate most bodykits, prettymuch anything thats tryin to look like an import.... Spinners I hate Spinning rims too

Plans for my car are to chop the top 4 inches with electric slideing ragtop, Shave it how I like my girls smooth, Touch Sensitive doors, Ugly GT wing already gone, air ride, 19in Foose Speedster wheels, custom Bodykit (Made by me). I have 4 12inch Kenwood 3009 Subwoofers in my car at the moment running off a DEI1100 amp soon to be 6 12's in the trunk yes it can be done, either a Supercharger for my 3.4 or tear it out and do a 3.8 S/C swap. everything will be done by April this year. with custom paint and graphics done by me along with fiberglassed and painted dash back dash, custom center console.

Hope to talk to everyone and make some GAGT friends here
Scott

mightypan42
11-05-2005, 11:04 PM
*welcome* Interesting list of plans you've got there...

DrFabulous
11-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Should be, uh, interesting when you get done.

Couple questions for you- do you hate the CF look, or what? Because it can be painted, ya know. You could drop some pounds if you went with CF parts. Also, won't having all that stereo stuff, along with 19's... make it quite slow, and the rear end sag? If you're trying to make the car fast, I'd skip on the system and such.

GrahamKracka
11-05-2005, 11:14 PM
lets see some pics of your custom kit

NCI Grand Am
11-05-2005, 11:36 PM
I said I was going to make one not that there was already one made, and with the stereo and rear end sagging I am putting air ride on the car so it wont sag plus I am goin for a quick Street car but really it's gonna be mostly show... Plus the Trannys in the Grand am's are extremely weak so why bother with alotta horsepower?

badboy2451
11-05-2005, 11:40 PM
3.8 swap =:nope:

someone supposedly did it, but it dint work out to well IIRC

DrFabulous
11-05-2005, 11:43 PM
Yea, you'd be better staying with the 3.4 than doing the swap. Much more painful to swap out. Boost it, and get the tranny rebuilt with some different packs in there.

NCI Grand Am
11-05-2005, 11:43 PM
3.8 swap =:nope:

someone supposedly did it, but it dint work out to well IIRC
it was a thought a place here In My state called Thrasher Engineering said that it could be done. i dunno if I'll try it tho

Rich
11-05-2005, 11:51 PM
sure it can be done. itll be tricky though. anyway, welcome to the site. looking forward to seeing your finished product.

pontiacman99
11-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Welcome to the forum hope to see some pics of your ride when its done should look pretty good

02andahalfgt
11-06-2005, 01:12 PM
sure it can be done. itll be tricky though. anyway, welcome to the site. looking forward to seeing your finished product.

Biggest problem seems to be the computer system.

Chopped top huh? That should be.....interesting, yeah we'll go with that....