side mirrors damaged in car wash [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : side mirrors damaged in car wash

statureman
11-10-2005, 11:12 PM
So I went through a car wash tonight and all was well until those dam brushes started... They seemed oddly close to my car, I don't remember the brushes at this car wash I was at being so close to the car before.

Not 5 seconds after I am thinking they are a little too close the brushes start slapping into the side mirror on the drivers side. I am thinking something is wrong and that the brushes are too close when I see the mirror start to shake and snap off completely, except for the wire. I am more surprised than anything at this point, until I realize the passanger side mirror housing has broken too! I am a little mad about this, but the wash states clearly that they are not responsible for mirrors.

Have any of you ever heard of this happening before? Is it just a matter of time before this happens, or am I just one unlucky fellow?

Braves299
11-10-2005, 11:21 PM
My pass. mirror broke off once in an automatic wash. There was already a broken bolt in it though (My girlfriend walked into it once and broke it. I forgot about it). The car-wash actually paid for a new mirror for me though.

95-GT
11-11-2005, 02:04 AM
This happened to my gf and they said too bad, there is a sign at the entrance that says they arent responsable.

DrFabulous
11-11-2005, 02:13 AM
Had it happen on my old car, they told me tough luck. Drove it for a couple years with one mirror.

coupe
11-11-2005, 05:26 AM
This is why ya dont go through car washes......ever.

RamAirGT22
11-11-2005, 06:07 AM
:stupid: This is why ya dont go through car washes......ever.

Joker694
11-11-2005, 06:56 AM
This is why ya dont go through car washes......ever.

:werd

If you have to go through a car wash use a touchless one. Saves your paint and your mirrors

Kdawg207
11-11-2005, 07:17 AM
there is a sign at the entrance that says they arent responsable.

all the car washes around me have that sign about the GA's and GP's

coupe
11-11-2005, 08:04 AM
I used to use a touchless, but it started peeling up my windshield molding (black plasticy strip at the top of the windshield). Coffmans auto glass had to replace it for me, thanks god it was free, but thats another story. So even touchless isnt worry free.

juanvan
11-11-2005, 10:37 AM
The washes around here tell you that it could take your mirrors off..
I go with a bucket and mit :-D

onesexyga
11-11-2005, 10:40 AM
I 2nd the hand wash or touchless reccomendation. Our mirrors aernt a great design. They held on by 3 screws that thread into plastic. Its not even solid plastic. They could have even been partially broken before. Ive seen them break the top one and hang on for a while by the bottom 2 screws.

coupe
11-11-2005, 10:41 AM
The washes around here tell you that it could take your mirrors off..
I go with a bucket and mit :-D

Hard to do that when its 20 degrees or colder out ya know....