Oil Pressure / Boost-Vac [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure / Boost-Vac

replica9000
11-14-2005, 07:37 PM
1. I have an autometer electric oil pressure gauge. I know about where the sender is. What I want to know is going about installing it. Am i correct when saying I need a T adapter and some nipple thing to use the new gauge and keep the old setup working so no DTCs are thrown? I noticed the new sender just has a connection for a wire at the end? But I'm guessing I wouldn't be lucky enough to just tap into the existing sender with the new gauge?

What does the T adapter and nipple look like and where can I get them? Any pictures would help. And is there any installing problems (clearance issues, etc)?

2. Autometer Boost/Vac gauge. I just need to know the best spot to tap into with the supplied hose. My car has the NY/Cali emmisions crap if that matters. Oh and is there a good spot to run through the firewall? I already have too much running by the steering column. And again any pictures would be helpful.

GAGTS03
11-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Boost - You SC/Turbo no...Just make sure its a vacuum gauge not boost it wont read too hot if its boost w/ no boost....K Anyhow.....Go through The Firewall, I Tapped Into my Intake Mani - I have a Vacuum gauge I got for free, and I will just pull it out and replace with a boost gauge next spring so Im already wired and tubed. I hooked it into the Turn signal Fuse on the fuse panel, Turns go on when car goes on, thats how I did it simple and easy to do. Then I ran a fused line from the battery for power- Everything through the firewall but the Line going to the turn signal fuse for "remote", then ground it and you should be set.

swordfencer
11-15-2005, 08:38 AM
You do not need a T-adapter for the oil pressure sender. The connector wire for the stock oil pressure sender unit just goes to the idiot light on the dashboard. Disconnecting it will not set off an error code. I just taped off the connector.

For more info:

http://www.grandamgt.com/pfycgaugeinstalls.html

replica9000
11-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Boost - You SC/Turbo no...Just make sure its a vacuum gauge not boost it wont read too hot if its boost w/ no boost....K Anyhow.....Go through The Firewall, I Tapped Into my Intake Mani - I have a Vacuum gauge I got for free, and I will just pull it out and replace with a boost gauge next spring so Im already wired and tubed. I hooked it into the Turn signal Fuse on the fuse panel, Turns go on when car goes on, thats how I did it simple and easy to do. Then I ran a fused line from the battery for power- Everything through the firewall but the Line going to the turn signal fuse for "remote", then ground it and you should be set.

Got the boost gauge working. I don't get what you needed to tap into the battery and turn signal fuse. The only thing I needed to wire up on my gauge was the lightbulb, and I tapped into the dimmer switch for that.

GAGTS03
11-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Awesome Either one Turns will just turn it on Dimmer will dim also you went one stop further good work!

PhantomLover007
09-16-2009, 01:04 PM
You do not need a T-adapter for the oil pressure sender. The connector wire for the stock oil pressure sender unit just goes to the idiot light on the dashboard. Disconnecting it will not set off an error code. I just taped off the connector.

For more info:

http://www.grandamgt.com/pfycgaugeinstalls.html

Good sh1t. Now I see where to hook stuff up for the fuse box... :applause: As well as how to hook up the pressure gauges, A/F, etc.

Now the question is, would splicing all the similar wires (for the bulb, the ground, and whatever else) to one wire that goes to the fuse bos, ground, etc work being I have a triple gauge pod

lvemy3100
09-16-2009, 01:49 PM
you will need an adapter for the oil pressure gauge as the stock threads are different than most senders for aftermarket gauges...

I have 2 spare adapters sitting here... let me know if you need one

PhantomLover007
09-16-2009, 04:09 PM
you will need an adapter for the oil pressure gauge as the stock threads are different than most senders for aftermarket gauges...

I have 2 spare adapters sitting here... let me know if you need one

Dammit... So the gauge I got from Autometer won't fit right... ;crap

AaronGTR
09-16-2009, 04:12 PM
[/COLOR]

Good sh1t. Now I see where to hook stuff up for the fuse box... :applause:

Now the question is, would splicing all the similar wires (for the bulb, the ground, and whatever else) to one wire that goes to the fuse bos, ground, etc work being I have a triple gauge pod

Yes, you can run some of them on a common wire. ie the ground wire and the wires for the lights can be daisy chained together and run with one wire to wherever they're going. That greatly simplifies the wiring and amount of clutter. There really only needs to be an individual wire for the signal going to each gauge.

PhantomLover007
09-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Cool. Thanks Aaron. :) I was hoping that it would work to reduce the clutter going into the fuse box and not have 1.0000 gigawatts of wires flowing into it.... lol lol

PhantomLover007
09-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Yes, you can run some of them on a common wire. ie the ground wire and the wires for the lights can be daisy chained together and run with one wire to wherever they're going. That greatly simplifies the wiring and amount of clutter. There really only needs to be an individual wire for the signal going to each gauge.

I can chain the two ignition wires together for the volt and oil pressure meters, right?

Daisy chaining so far... IDK if it looks bad or not... lol lol ;crap

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp323/PhantomLover007/gaugepodinnards.jpg

Right to left: Oil, Vac, Volts. Yes, I went alphabetically... lol lol

Red= Ignition
Black= Ground
White= Power for lights
Yellow (not hooked up yet) for Oil Pressure signal