How Many Window Regulators do i have to buy??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : How Many Window Regulators do i have to buy???

GlisteningWhite
11-16-2005, 06:06 PM
I Have replaced my driver side window regulator 3 times in the last, 8 monthes, because people are ****ing dumb and can't install it right! Luckly i found the regulator and motor for $135 brand new, my question is i'm i the only one that is having this problem with the POS? Also i have no idea how to replace these items, is there a HOW to anywhere, i already searched and found nothing...Thanks for your help fellas!

LukeD
11-16-2005, 06:19 PM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40842&highlight=regulator

kosta01
11-17-2005, 06:03 AM
hey man u arent the only one having those problems i changed my driver and passenger side last spring and now my passenger one is ****ed up again... i dunno wats wrong with it.. i opened up the door panel looked at it and everything and everything checked out fine... i dunno man... do it yourself its not that hard... takes about 20 mins.. if that...

LukeD
11-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah basically if you can use a screwdriver you can do this yourself. Also those regulators can be found new on ebay way less than $135 .

JohnCarrJr
11-21-2005, 01:11 PM
I think this is a serious defect with the Grand Am GT. I have a 2000 and have replaced drivers side, and now passenger and driver side rear are broken. Might as well do the passenger rear, cuz now it'll be slower than all the rest. New regulator motors are a lot faster than OEMs.

rocketfast123
11-22-2005, 04:40 PM
So far my driver side went out, and the motor on the pass side locks up. Got to love the grand am