Weird Clicking Noise.. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Weird Clicking Noise..

Graxall
11-22-2005, 09:54 PM
Like the topic says. Weird clicking noise comming from the center of my car. Sounds exactly like the turn signal click but it goes like click click slow slow blah blah 123123123123123mph then slow ect...and my turn signal doesnt go off it just clicks alot...i dunno what it is, my mechanic things it might be some sort of relay. It only happened since i installed my angeleyes. did a search too didnt see anything..

Panacea
11-22-2005, 11:23 PM
It's your turn signal stalk. About $75 from gmpartsdirect.com If you want part number and such search. This has been discussed hundreds of times.

silvergtjrad
11-22-2005, 11:24 PM
same thing happens in my car, my dad is a mechanic and he says its something with the switch for the turn signal not working correctly. Also does your turn signal sometimes not turn off on its own?

Exodus
11-23-2005, 07:18 AM
ah, god bless the grand am. this occurs in my car as well especially in the cold weather. not to mention the sqeaks from the bushings.

sam95ta
11-23-2005, 04:56 PM
No need to buy a new stalk.There is a simple fix regarding cleaning the contacs.Do a search.

Infernall
11-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Check the howto section. Look for Howto: Cleaning the Multifunction Switch.

This problem happens because the steering column circuitry is not sealed. Dust eventually gets into the contacts and enough builds up to disrupt the circuitry and cause the random clicking to occur.

Very anoying, but easy to fix.