Removing rubber around the headlights? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Removing rubber around the headlights?

hova82
11-25-2005, 01:18 PM
What would happen if I removed the rubber around the headlights. its ugly and what purpose does it really serve??

Thanks, adam

notsoaveragej0e
11-25-2005, 02:04 PM
it wouldnt harm anything, but you would be left with a really ugly gap all around your headlight.

pyro
11-25-2005, 02:15 PM
it wouldnt harm anything, but you would be left with a really ugly gap all around your headlight.
*iagree* leave it there.

hova82
11-25-2005, 02:22 PM
*iagree* leave it there.

Ok, fair enough. some of the needed holes that are on the rubber seal are broken and so it doesnt fit tight anymore. what is a good fix for this considering you can't buy new ones?

badboy2451
11-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Ok, fair enough. some of the needed holes that are on the rubber seal are broken and so it doesnt fit tight anymore. what is a good fix for this considering you can't buy new ones?

go to a junkyard and pull one off another grand am...im sure you could buy it from a pontiac dealer too

Exodus
11-25-2005, 02:42 PM
I've thought about painting them the same color as my car. My car is white and those rubber linings are black. wonder how they would look white. hmmmmm?

notsoaveragej0e
11-25-2005, 02:44 PM
I've thought about painting them the same color as my car. My car is white and those rubber linings are black. wonder how they would look white. hmmmmm?

there have been threads where people have talked about doing that...i think it was decided the paint wouldnt stick or something... you have to dye it, blah blah blah... go for it though and see how it works i say.