All Day wasted.. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : All Day wasted..

The_Wraith
11-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Ok, I dropped my pan and changed the filter on my '04 3.4 GAGT, yesterday... I spent today putting my B&M trans cooler on, it was a real pain trying to get the backs on the ziptie type fastners... I had to pull the fan assymbly away as much as I could (don't know how you would get the thing out of the car without disconnecting the air condition lines... anyway...

I read all the posts on here before, and I was led to beleave that the bottom trans cooler line on the raditator was the return line... so thats what I disconnected and hooked to my B&M cooler...

Well guess what? That line is the one that got hot first... WTF!!!!!

So I now have to rehook all that, and then disconnect the top line on the radiator and run that to the cooler!!!!

Now is this right or am I crazy????????

All I can say is, I'm glad I didn't have to cut my factory lines, the B&M kit, had a fitting that screws into the radiator and also I fitting that screwed onto the line I disconnected from the rad. so I had two nice barb fittings to hook my lines to....

of course I now have to get more hose to re-run the lines...

What really ****es me off, I spent alot of time making sure the lines wouldn't chaff ect.. I cut & split a bigger hose and ziptied it around the trans cooler hose where it would touch anything...just to make sure the trans hose w0uld be safe... And I would have spent less time, if I did the one on the top of the radiator, looks easer, which I now have to do anyway)

all this time wasted.... aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhh:scream: :scream:

So is it the top or bottom line on the rad.?????

Ajaxus
11-26-2005, 12:24 PM
uh, did i miss the question or is this in the wrong forum?

boost21
11-26-2005, 03:27 PM
uh, did i miss the question or is this in the wrong forum?.

all this time wasted.... aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhh:scream: :scream:

So is it the top or bottom line on the rad.?????

Ajaxus
11-26-2005, 06:14 PM
thanks mike, i must've missed that part. i was caught up in the rest of the post.

The_Wraith
11-28-2005, 11:15 AM
I got ****ed off'ed, and just took the cooler back off...

iceman
11-28-2005, 02:56 PM
bottom line is the return to the trans

The_Wraith
11-30-2005, 10:28 AM
bottom line is the return to the trans

That's what I thought, but that line got hot first when I had the cooler installed... and the top was still cold...

oh well...

xxbackhillxx
11-30-2005, 12:15 PM
I was wasted all day too :)