water leak under car [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : water leak under car

badboy2451
11-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Hey guys, I'm at work right now on my cell fone so I couldn't really search for the problem...I parked my car here today and came inside to start work and about 30 minutes later I came outside and saw a nice sized puddle of what looks like water sittin under my car and startin to run down the hill

I check under the hood and everything seems dry and ok, my coolant level is good but I don't wanna start my car if sumthin could be wrong with it. My under carrage (sp) looks dry so I don't think it was any snow or ice melting either

Can some provide some insight on this please

Ajaxus
11-26-2005, 07:22 PM
did you run your AC by some random unknown chance?

badboy2451
11-26-2005, 07:41 PM
No, no ac...I forgot to mention that

pyro
11-26-2005, 07:44 PM
maybe its from another car that was there before yours? or maybe somone dumped a cup of water or something under it. could be anything.

Ajaxus
11-26-2005, 09:12 PM
the best way to find out what that stuff is since you seem to not be sure its water is the smell/taste test. reach under and get some on your finger and take a whiff, water is orderless, oil and coolant have distinctive smells. or if you have big balls and sometimes ignore your health, like me, you can taste it. but let me warn you, i am not responsible for any growths, whether cancerous or not, due to tasting this unknown liquid.

also, take another look under the hood with a flashlight, some leaks are easier to see with extra light.

tenspeed
11-26-2005, 09:33 PM
If you used the windshield defrost, it runs the A/C.

badboy2451
11-26-2005, 10:58 PM
If you used the windshield defrost, it runs the A/C.

well maybe that was it, i had the front defroster on...i dint have any problems gettin it home tonite and i checked the engine bay and it was all dry

Ajaxus
11-26-2005, 10:59 PM
did you try the taste test? :D

jk jk, uh, sounds like its problem solved.