ohm check on wheel bearings [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ohm check on wheel bearings

onesexyga
11-28-2005, 08:08 AM
I've had the wheel bearing codes for a while now. Replaced the front 2 which were definately bad, but im still getting the lights. After a search, I tried reading the ohms off the sensors. Couldnt really come up with what i should have for results. I got 1760, 1813, 1790, and 1090. The last one seems really off. Just want to make sure im on the right track here before i go replacing another $110 bearing.

brim
11-30-2005, 08:32 AM
one of the bearings could be bad or the sensore gone already, if you can the abs codes scanned you'd know for sure

onesexyga
11-30-2005, 08:36 AM
I dont really want to pay 75 bucks to have it scanned, which is why i tried this way. I know some people have checked them this way. Somebody?

brim
12-01-2005, 05:09 PM
i had trouble with one bearing all along and never knew it, one bearing went, was replaced, 3 weeks later light came back on and I shrugged it off

Six months later i replaced the bearing on the other side, then about another 5 months later inspection came up, had the codes scanned for $30 at a local shop, the sensor on the original wheel was what threw the codes the whole time. One bad sensor on a brand new hub.

dna_dan
12-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Check your auto parts store for a scanner. My local shop used to loan them out to people with a deposit as long as they bought parts there.

The auto dealerships didn't like this because it was taking their business. There was some lawsuit that just finished up and basically they can't do that anymore.

The work around? Now they make you BUY a $175 scanner, but secretly tell you, "you have 30 days to return it for full refund." Stupid dealerships suck. I had one dealership tell me that he needed to put my car in the shop just to check a ****ing code. I swear, they make such a big deal out of a 5 minute process and wanted to charge me a 1hr minimum labor charge. A-holes. :boxing:

onesexyga
12-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Bump. Anybody?