Car use to "pull" after 3K now does not [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car use to "pull" after 3K now does not

00blackGT
12-06-2005, 10:37 AM
My car use to after 3K rpm's my car would seem to "kick" in, with more power but after i got my tranny worked on it does not do it anymore. My 04 GASE rental car did it at 2.5K So I just woundering what that was and how to get it back. Thanks

coupe
12-06-2005, 12:37 PM
I would take it straight back to the place that worked on your tranny ASAP.

BiHStL
12-06-2005, 12:45 PM
I would take it straight back to the place that worked on your tranny ASAP.

yeah, def. take it back, what work did you have done to your transmission

coupe
12-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Kind of a no brainer

00blackGT
12-08-2005, 11:00 AM
I am, But what do I tell them is messed up? They replaced alot of seals and T seals, and some brands. I will look on the paper and post what they did. I know it around 1400. It's going back Tuesday for the tranny again! When i goes from 1st to 2nd it "slips" It will go to about 3K rpms and then goes into a "neutral" state then go into 2nd. Its hard to explain.They can never fix it. I think i am going to just pay another 100 and take it somewhere else.

DrFabulous
12-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Screw that, make them fix it! Tell them it's worse off then before. Bring your parents in, tell them that they either fix it or get you a new tranny, cause it sounds like they f'ed yours up.

Kdawg207
12-08-2005, 11:22 AM
:werd:

freakydeaky
12-08-2005, 01:03 PM
this was taking from....how to deal with a bad repair (http://www.ehow.com/how_3381_deal-with-repair.html)

1. Ask the mechanic for a list of what was fixed and how before you leave the garage.

2. Go on a test drive before paying for major repairs.

3. Check the warranty on the work before you leave. Find out if it covers both parts and labor. It should be for at least 90 days; six months is even better.

4. Bring the car back to the garage immediately if things are still not right after you leave.

5. Ask to speak to the same mechanic who worked on the car. Explain the problem calmly: 'I just went a mile from the shop and the brakes are still squealing. Something is still wrong.'

6. Offer to take a ride in the car with the mechanic.

7. Request new replacement parts if new parts have been installed. Ideally, you should ask for the old parts back before the job is started; if you ask afterward, they might not be available.

8. Ask to speak to the shop manager if the mechanic will not check the problem immediately.

9. Tell the shop manager, as specifically as you can, the problem with the car. Say that you need the car fixed immediately. Remain calm. Assume that the manager will right the problem. Tell him or her that you know the shop's reputation is on the line and are sure he or she will want to take care of this 'comeback' (mechanics' lingo for a car not fixed properly) right away.

10. Inform the manager that you are canceling the repair payment if he or she has refused to admit the car immediately. Leave the shop.

11. Consider going to another shop for a second opinion. However, be aware that if you choose to go to another shop, the original shop may not honor the repair warranty, while the second shop may not want to deal with the problem if someone else has already done work on the car.

12. Contact the Better Business Bureau and/or the state agency that regulates auto repair in your state if your problem is still not resolved. (For example, in California the Bureau of Automotive Repair regulates all repair shops and will send out a mediator to help resolve disputes.) The state attorney general's office can direct you to the proper agency in your state.

Tips:
Describe the problem as precisely as you can. 'The steering is still too loose' is better than 'Something's still not right.'

Getting angry will not get you what you want. Be reasonable, and the mechanic probably will be also.

Don't leave the garage until you get what you want or are convinced that you will never get what you want and must cancel your payment.

Any guarantee that has been made and advertised must be honored by the mechanic.

Warnings:
Don't anger anyone who still has your car or keys.

In most states, a garage has the right to withhold your car until the repair charges are paid, especially if the charges are in dispute between the mechanic and the vehicle's owner.

00blackGT
12-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Thanks. I have taken the mechanic for a ride and he also drove it. He told me that its only when i am at 100% gas...(Not true) The first time they took the tranny apart the replaced
f ring
f seal
piston
a number of gaskets
plate pkg
band asm.
another f seal.
They told me that my clutches were not sealing and causing them to slip. Its going back Tuesday so we will see. I still dont know what to say about the car not "getting" more power after 3K..Thanks for all the help and info....