Directional Relay [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Directional Relay

munruss
12-06-2005, 04:18 PM
It appears that my directional relay makes the "tick tock" sound on it's own, but the directional lights do not come on. However, when I use my directional normally, it works fine.

Is this the sign of the relay breaking? Where is it located?

harvester45
12-06-2005, 06:55 PM
I had the same problem a little while ago, it sounds like it's your multi-function switch. The contacts get dirty, and they cause that ticking sound you hear.
Here's an excellent How-to for fixing the problem:

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50126

Harv

harvester45
12-06-2005, 11:35 PM
You were talking about the turn signals, right?

munruss
12-29-2005, 07:03 AM
I had the dealer fix this problem yesterday. They changed the entire unit that controls the directionals. The warranty covered it.

Hurricane
12-29-2005, 09:50 AM
I had the dealer fix this problem yesterday. They changed the entire unit that controls the directionals. The warranty covered it.

I fixed mine by cleaning up the switch unit as described in the how-to. But the last time I went into the dealer they told me that there was a recall to replace the hazard switch unit.

I don;t know if the issues are related or not. I'm too lazy to look up the recall notice.

munruss
12-29-2005, 09:53 AM
I fixed mine by cleaning up the switch unit as described in the how-to. But the last time I went into the dealer they told me that there was a recall to replace the hazard switch unit.

I don;t know if the issues are related or not. I'm too lazy to look up the recall notice.

Yeah, the dealer mentioned the recall to me. It seemed to fix the problem. If the problem comes back I'll check out the How To section.

Gramp's GT
12-29-2005, 11:09 AM
I had the same problem. I had the relay fixed under a recall/ warranty fix however later I had the same noise problem except this time it was from the signal light and not covered by recall......could be dangerous if you think your signals are on because you can hear them when in actual fact they are not on. A safety flaw like this should be recalled by GM...shame on you

munruss
12-29-2005, 11:14 AM
I actually can't wait to get rid of this car. My eyes are on the Chevy Impala LTZ. I would love to sell my GA now.