Temperature Gauge Not Working [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Temperature Gauge Not Working

porz0001
12-08-2005, 06:17 AM
Hello everyone. I am looking for an answer, no one seems to figure this one out. Could be simple could be difficult. My temperature gauge is not working on my gauge panel. The needle when the car first starts up goes all the way up then back and stays on 40. Sometimes it will work and give me the temperature, but majority of the time it does nothing. Also I turn the heat on high and I get barley any heat and my fuel economy is just no thtere. The service engine light comes on. It has been reset and then works then messes up again. I tried grounding out the lead to check a faulty Temperature sensor but it does not even move the gauge. Is there a relay or a fuse or something I do not know about??????? Someone please help me out. 2001 Grand Am GT, I love my car but this has every one puzzled

boost21
12-08-2005, 06:22 AM
stuck thermostat?

atc3434
12-08-2005, 07:16 AM
Defintely a stuck thermostat.

coupe
12-08-2005, 07:29 AM
Stuck thermo

brim
12-08-2005, 07:38 AM
poly mosonic tittilator malfunction

stuck thermo

Carlitoboy
12-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Un believable! I have the same car, same year, and SAME PROBLEM. Are these things like programed fail in certain areas??? :D

On my GA, I'm getting heat, but that's like after half an hour of driving. Also my fan keeps turning on.

Anyhow, that's the feedback I'm getting too; stuck thermo.

Does any one have a good DIY guide on how to change a Thermostat on a 2001 GA GT1?

Cheers!

boost21
12-10-2005, 07:53 AM
Un believable! I have the same car, same year, and SAME PROBLEM. Are these things like programed fail in certain areas??? :D

On my GA, I'm getting heat, but that's like after half an hour of driving. Also my fan keeps turning on.

Does any one have a good DIY guide on how to change a Thermostat on a 2001 GA GT1?

Cheers!

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15821&highlight=thermostat

freakydeaky
12-10-2005, 08:01 AM

Cheers!

and while you're changing, i suggest this thermostat...180 Hypertech (http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PFYC&Product_Code=GA3002&Product_Count=1&Category_Code=GAUNDER)

Carlitoboy
12-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Cheers Boost! That's alot o work for a DIY! ;)

Cheer Freaky! I'll look out for that part!

Peace!

DrFabulous
12-10-2005, 09:13 AM
It's not too much work. Plus, it's cheaper than sending it in to get worked on.

porz0001
01-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Thanks everyone who replied. I will be changing the thermostat asap. I will keep you all posted. :) Cheers