Friggin mirrors on GA's >> [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Friggin mirrors on GA's >>

BadGT471
12-10-2005, 01:51 AM
I took my car through the carwash last week. It was one of the carwashes where they dry the car after it comes out. Well, on the way home I noticed that my driver's side mirror was off. So, I tried to move it. Upon trying, it didn't move. I proceeded to hit the joy stick again, finally it moved but it kinda snapped downward... It seemed fine, but now that my car is thorougly dethawed, it's not moving. I apparently moved it while it was frozen. Does this usually cause problems like this on the grand am? I've done it on my mom's SUV before and it worked fine once it dethawed. My question is, did I mess up the motor, or is there another part within the mirror mechanism that broke? If so, do I need a whole new side mirror? Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Jeff

AznGA
12-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Do you ever want to put what kinda car you have on your profile?

Roush GT
12-10-2005, 01:13 PM
you and GTLUVA would make a good couple :applause:

I didn't get a word of what you typed

DrFabulous
12-10-2005, 01:17 PM
you and GTLUVA would make a good couple :applause:

I didn't get a word of what you typed

I understood it completely. Many people type worse than that on a daily basis.

BadGT471
12-10-2005, 01:31 PM
You guys don't understand what? I wrote it very clearly. Anyway's, I found the problem... It's fixed now...

Mike Jung
12-10-2005, 03:37 PM
...Anyway's, I found the problem... It's fixed now...
So what was the problem ?

brim
12-10-2005, 06:14 PM
the glass might have come a bit loose from the motor, I'd try that first could be why it popped

Might have to pull the glass out and pop it back in, or just pop it in

the glass (and casing) rotates on a "ball" basically :applause:

AznGA
12-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Well I kinda understood what he was saying.

I know he asks a lot of questions, which is okay, but I just wish he could enter his vehicle information on his profile. It helps a lot.