Idle and O2 Sensor problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Idle and O2 Sensor problems

Knappy1
12-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Hey all,
Been awhile since I've posted, but I'm alive. Car is really ****in me off though. Having two problems, that may or may not be related...I don't friggen know at this point. First, the car wants to idle all over the place. On a cold start, it always idles rediculously high (2-3K rpms). Once it's warm, you can shut it down and restart it, and most of the time it will idle fine, not always though. Then, sometimes it starts hunting for an idle...jumping from 500-1200 rpms, and even stalling sometimes. I've changed both the IAC and the TPS, both seemed to fix the problem for a couple of days, then it came right back. I don't know what else to check. Second problem...I've been throwing O2 sensor codes for awhile now. I had a spare from when I replaced the engine a couple years ago, so I swaped them out a few months back. No change. Finally, I got off my arse today and put in a new sensor ($94...ouch), no change. Still poppin the code. Autotap gives me P0132, P0134, and P0135 for high current, insufficient activity, and heater performance. I'm stumped.
Rob

HaVoK~DOGZ~
12-11-2005, 09:17 PM
i had a similar problem with the idle and ended up being my maf sensor so check that cause mine was idling like crazy and stalling... hope it helps

AznGA
12-11-2005, 10:12 PM
I also had rough idle/stalling problem. It was the entire MAF and IAT sensor harness.