Headlight Issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Issue

ttah8
12-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Well with regular headlights on, it appears that my left headlight is burnt out. But when I use my brights, the headlight works. From what I know, GA's only have one lamp for headlights and brights. I checked the fuse too, and its good. So do I need to replace the bulb? or is it some other issue?

DrFabulous
12-11-2005, 04:35 PM
It's a dual filiment bulb. I'd replace the bulb first anyways, it's cheap.

99GAGTX
12-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Yup. Just like he said, two bulbs in one glass case. Err... two filaments in one bulb. It's a 9007 btw. The low beam on my driver's side burnt a couple days ago. I had to replace it yesterday in the dead of winter since I don't have a garage.

I have sylvania silver star bulbs installed in my headlights and fog lights. I notice they don't last very long. The silver stars in my fog lights only last a few months before they burn out. The one on the passenger side burnt last week. But with 6 inches of snow on the ground, it's staying burnt out till the snow clears.

:redga:

nascarnate326
12-11-2005, 07:13 PM
I have silverstar's as well. Hate them.

DrFabulous
12-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Why do you hate them? I've had mine for almost 2 years without a problem. Most people burn them out because they get oil on the bulbs. Install them in a garage while wearing some latex gloves or something.

They are a decent improvement over stock bulbs, and not too expensive.

badboy2451
12-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Why do you hate them? I've had mine for almost 2 years without a problem. Most people burn them out because they get oil on the bulbs. Install them in a garage while wearing some latex gloves or something.

They are a decent improvement over stock bulbs, and not too expensive.

word...silverstars def improve light output and will last long if you dont finger them up