Head lights not working HELP!!!! ASAP [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Head lights not working HELP!!!! ASAP

02PONtiac!
12-16-2005, 11:38 AM
My girlfriends 2001 Cavalier's headlights are not working. The headlights only work on highbeams. the daytime running lights and the low beam headlights do not work. I checked both headlamp fuses and replaced the daytime running lights fuse (DRL). Still the same. I even replaced both bulbs with the correct part number. Any help would be appreciated.

One more thing... When the lights are switched to the on position, I can click the highbeams but the highbeam indicator on the gauges does not stay lit up.

DrFabulous
12-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Try www.j-body.org

brim
12-16-2005, 07:39 PM
check your other fuses

if it's not a fuse, check the power going to the headlight with an idiot test, continuity tester basically

you just clamp it to a ground source "metal on the car" and then pierce the wires or touch them with another end, if the bulb lights up you determine if there is power going to the headlights during standard operation, also pinpoints the power wire

check for burnt out sockets on the bulbs as well, but I'd still start with the fuses

last scenario it might be the headlight switch itself, but DRL should run automatically, kind of scratches that out