Any idea what is wrong? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Any idea what is wrong?

krenn
12-16-2005, 09:35 PM
I have a rather interesting problem. I recently installed my strut tower brace and noticed that now I have what sounds like alternator whine inside the car. I thought at first it was the radio station. I turned off the radio and it was still there. Tried other things (turning off the heater) and that didn't work. Today, I removed the strut tower brace and as if by magic, the whining sound is gone! Anyone have any ideas/guesses as to what happened? I will reinstall the brace in the spring (when the weather is warmer).

MetaGTP1
12-16-2005, 09:52 PM
I have a rather interesting problem. I recently installed my strut tower brace and noticed that now I have what sounds like alternator whine inside the car. I thought at first it was the radio station. I turned off the radio and it was still there. Tried other things (turning off the heater) and that didn't work. Today, I removed the strut tower brace and as if by magic, the whining sound is gone! Anyone have any ideas/guesses as to what happened? I will reinstall the brace in the spring (when the weather is warmer).You installed the STB incorrectly. The STB was resting against the alternator and acted as a sound conductor.

digitalballz
12-16-2005, 09:58 PM
I dont have one, but I have heard of this problem.