Headlights won't turn on! Help Please! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Headlights won't turn on! Help Please!

HiFiCarGuy
12-18-2005, 08:19 PM
First let me say that I did search. I couldn't find any problems like mine. The problem is this: When it's dark and the headlights are supposed to turn on, they don't. The DRL's are on as if it wasn't dark out. I can switch to the high beams and they work fine. But the normal headlights won't turn on. Even if I try to switch them on manually, they won't turn on. When I replace the relay, they work for a while, but then go out again. Also, there's no SVS light. the bulbs are not blown because they will turn on if I replace the relay.

Any ideas? It's driving me crazy. I've been driving with the High beams on, but people are getting ****ed off at me.

boost21
12-18-2005, 08:28 PM
i believe the drl light is the high beam but giving it a lower wattage. are you sure your filiment isnt blown and or any fuses out?
Added: u check all wireing, nothing is loose?

HiFiCarGuy
12-18-2005, 08:31 PM
All wiring's fine. No fuses out, all seems fine.

HiFiCarGuy
12-18-2005, 09:00 PM
anyone with BCM experience? Could it be bad?

pyro
12-18-2005, 09:11 PM
might be, but id replace the bulbs before i do anything and also check the wiring harness'.

HiFiCarGuy
12-18-2005, 09:24 PM
I just don't think it's the bulbs because I can make them turn on by messing the relay. and other than the connections to the bulbs, what about the wiring harness would you check?

brim
12-19-2005, 08:32 PM
you can make them turn on by messing with the relay, did you try replacing the relay? =p

HiFiCarGuy
12-22-2005, 02:35 PM
I finally caved and took it to the stealership. It was a problem in the wiring harness...I never would have figured it out myself. $235 in labor later, my headlights work again. Thanks for the input guys.