Cylinder 3 misfire [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder 3 misfire

SC/T02
12-20-2005, 03:28 PM
I am having a cylinder 3 misfire code. Cylinder three plug is the middle back plug if I am not mistaken. I check the connections and everything is good. Pulled the wire off at the coil pack and it is clean and good to go. ran up and down the wire to check for burns. holes rips etc and nothing was wrong there. I pulled the plug out, it looked fine, but I still replaced it. Re-attached it. Let the battery unplugged for 1.5 hours, plugged the connection back in, started the car and the issue still remains. the car has 35,000 miles and the UIM gasket was replaced at 32,000 miles so I don't think it is that.

Any ideas?

digitalballz
12-20-2005, 05:26 PM
do you have a good spark? try switching the coil with one of the others. If the misfire jumps to another cylinder then its your coil. could be an injector, could be something alot worse. Try moving the coil, and see what happens.

SC/T02
12-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Well, I tried the basics first. Replaced the plug the other day and it did not fix it. Replaced the Taylor wire, the coil pack, cleaned the PCV valve that had a little build up (not that it should have messed with cyl 3 but I was under there already, unplugged the battery, and put even more gas treatment in. Started the car and it is good to go again, I think. It is running 100 times better. Don't know if it was the Injector or not. If it was then whatever was lodged in it broke free I guess, or it was one of the many things I replaced.

I did not want to go into my engine after the injector so I tried everything else I could think of first. Good thing too since it is fixed now I think.

Now the SES light is still on. Where can I get that reset at>? Since I don't want the charge for it and I want the light to go off.

tjc13
12-23-2005, 07:29 AM
Now the SES light is still on. Where can I get that reset at>? Since I don't want the charge for it and I want the light to go off.

AUTOZONE