Electrical Problem...HELP!!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problem...HELP!!!!

GrandAmGT1996
12-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Ok, so last night I got off work wen't out and started up my car. Pushed in the brake, and went to put it into reverse but it wouldn't let me squeeze the button on the shifter. In my dash, it had the BRAKE light lit up as if I would have my e-brake on, which I didn't. So from the start it had me confused...so I just started to check fuses, all the ones on the inside of the car were fine but under the hood there was a blown fuse. It is to worn to read what it is for. So I replaced the fuse (it was a 20). Jumped in the car, started it back up and it let me shift into drive so I drove home. This morning I wen't out to my car, got in started it up, quick shifted into drive and then a few seconds later the fuse went again because the BRAKE light lit up again. So on the way to school, I noticed when I was pulling out of intersections that it seemed really weak, like it was bogged down. Then I realized that it isnt shifting down into first gear, it stays in second but it will shift up. So now I'm real confused. I called a garage and just from describing it over the phone they said they don't know exactly what it is, but they think it might be a wire that is worn, disconnected, loose, etc. Something with the wiring. So is there anyway way that the head unit has any control over this, because I had my head unit it out Sunday night, but the car drove fine afterwords. Anybody have any idea of what it might be??

:bleep: :banghead :rage:

digitalballz
12-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Def sounds like a wiring issue. If you keep blowin a fuse than 99% of the time its a wiring problem.

GrandAmGT1996
12-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Yeah, any ideas if it might be a relay or something. Is it possible to have it be involved with the wiring in/near the head unit?

GrandAmGT1996
12-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Anyone?