Making the car Quiet [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Making the car Quiet

Tank
12-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Sorry if this is a repost I looked and did not see anything about this. Im looking for something to put under my carpet to keep the noise down. Since I had the frame pulled it has gotten louder. Thanks in advance for the help, after today I will be a married man :boogie: , So I will not check this until about sun.

Rich
12-29-2005, 06:17 PM
congratulations on getting married. maybe check out dynomat. thats what the kids use with there bumping systems.

Hurricane
12-30-2005, 09:07 AM
congratulations on getting married. maybe check out dynomat. thats what the kids use with there bumping systems.

Check out car audio shops, they have several products like this. For somethign a bit cheaper though you can also go to a home improvement store and pick up an ice guard membrane or waterproofing membrane (One trade name is Blueskin). They;re basically either a asphalt or rubber based membrane. They're fairly thin but they work quite well as a sound dampener.

Some rubber based products may require a primer for certain surfaces. The fumes from the primer can be pretty bad so you may want to be able to let your car air out for a while after the install. Same with any asphalt based products.

Check the audio forum for sound dampening.