Dangit! Having Door Problems! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Dangit! Having Door Problems!

Jaysin
12-31-2005, 07:35 PM
Its cold here, however I dont believe that to be the root of this problem. My drivers side door will not open. I think* I may have bent the rod that the door hand is attatched to. When the door is open I can get inside of it no problem. However now that the door can not open by normal means, Im kinda stuck... can anyone tell me how to get at the inside of the door from a closed position? I dont want to have to cut the door liner, but the less my phat ass has to try and squeeze through the passenger side, the better. Please suggest to me a better alternative if you have one.

Thanks in advance!

-Jay

Rich
12-31-2005, 07:52 PM
will the door not unlock, or will it just not open?

Jaysin
12-31-2005, 08:16 PM
will the door not unlock, or will it just not open?

it is currently unlocked, and apears to be able to lock and unlock at my command.

Rich
12-31-2005, 08:23 PM
oh ok. i was just checking because i know when it gets real cold i cant unlock my drivers side door sometimes. i have to do it manually and its kind of hard to do. it goes away eventually. sorry i cant help then.

tenspeed
12-31-2005, 09:29 PM
I'm assuming that neither handle will open the door. Try looking in the other door through the window gap to see if you can snag something to get it open.

The people who have shaved their door handles should know where and what to look for.