new owner with a few ???'s [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : new owner with a few ???'s

hooligan
01-02-2006, 10:13 AM
hi all,

first off, i'm new to the site. spent some time browsing, great stuff listed that i'll be sure to use in the future.

i just bought a new (used) gt, a 98 coupe with 60,000 miles. the car seems to have been well cared for, and just about everything works as it should. i just drove it back to the philly area from cleveland yesterday and it ran great. this week will see a few preventative maintenance items done so i have a starting point, but nothing too involved.

i do have a question. can someone explain the lighting system to me? i didn't receive an owner's manual so i am a bit confused as to how when the lights should be on, what should be on, etc. i think there may be an issue somewhere as the lights were on yesterday on a very sunny ride home.

also, my steering wheel audio controls don't work. any hints?

thanks!

hooligan
01-02-2006, 12:01 PM
i moved this question to the tech Q & A section.

iceman
01-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Welcome to the forums..

The reason your thread was moved and deleted was because of its title. If you are going to post something in the Tech section, the thread title better have something specific to do with the thread or it will get removed without notice. See the sticky at the top of that forum. Also, you should search the forums before posting, a lot of topics have been discussed.

2000GA
01-02-2006, 04:34 PM
ebay is a good place for manuals

hooligan
01-03-2006, 08:56 AM
i did search but didn't find what i was looking for. i'll try again.

i am already watching ebay for a manual.

badboy2451
01-03-2006, 11:22 AM
id start checking fuses for your steering wheel controls

GrandAmGT1996
01-08-2006, 08:58 PM
On the '96-'98 models, and i also think the newer models, the lights are on all the time. So you never really have to turn them on because they have a sensor for when it gets dark to turn on your interior gauges and what not. If you dont like the fact of them being on all the time, i think there is a thread around here on how to turn them off...you have to wire them to a switch i think.