PCV Hose Modification [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : PCV Hose Modification

Ajaxus
01-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Alright, I was working on my bro's cai earlier, its a two piece model. The pcv hose does not reach all the way to the drilled hole in the piping. What I was wondering is if there are pcv hoses out there that are longer that would work, or if we can modify the existing one so that it will reach the opening. Currently it is about 1.5-2" short of reaching the opening.

Stores in the area that we can get parts from are Pepboys, AutoZone, and NAPA. Any ideas?

Ajaxus
01-06-2006, 01:41 PM
*bump*

car's apart as we speak, would like some input asap. thanks.

notsoaveragej0e
01-06-2006, 02:13 PM
if the tube you replace it with is the same inside diameter as the original, i dont see why it would be a problem to replace it with a longer one. you can usually just go to the store and cut the length you need, iirc.

Ajaxus
01-06-2006, 02:22 PM
yeah, i just realised that, im at work right now so communicating with my bro via pm's on another site, lol. i told him to go to napa and have them cut a longer piece of hose.

the idiot at pepboys told him to get the right gauge of wire etc etc, and i had to tell him the guy is full of **** since this is a goddamn hose, not a freakin wire. lol