my new Car mods questions [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : my new Car mods questions

gojo83
01-09-2006, 10:52 PM
ok here it is I am a newbie to the n body so any help is appreciated. BTW I have a 2000 GAGT 3400 V6. I am looking at a CAI for my car and I found a couple of kits on pfyc.com and I am curious if the stage 3 intake that is an in fender intake is better than the Cold air box setup it is selling on the same site. Question 2 I am curious where and how much a set of headers for my car would be and which is the best. Next I want a complete exhaust setup including a high flow cat and cat back. I am looking at the slp kit for the exhaust and was wondering if the borla is better. I am also looking at a chip and wondering if that is really all it is cracked up to be. I am also looking for darker headlights and also looking at the super duty hood on pfyc.com. Any advice or experience will be appreciated

Greg

02andahalfgt
01-09-2006, 11:16 PM
*welcome*
All of the answers to your questions can be found by searching, so try that out. Most of your your questions are also highly oppinionated and debated around here, so it comes down to what you want. Many people love the SLP, many people love the Borla and still others like other options. Your best bet is to search for sound clips and pick what you like. As far as the cold air box, again highly debated, most people say it doesn't really do anything and you're better off with the cai. PFYC sells The Other Guys headers, that's one of your choices there. I assume by super duty you mean the SD hood? That's a good choice as well. Darker headlights... GTS makes smoke, clear and 'carbon fiber' covers. Check out the for sale section, they pop up there and you can get a better deal. Chips are pretty worthless, get a DHP PCM or Powertuner and tweak it yourself.

Rich
01-09-2006, 11:26 PM
^dont forget the new black headlights.....that you happen to own. :heh:

and :werd to the search

gojo83
01-10-2006, 01:11 AM
My question is will the cai stage 3 give better flow than the air box because the air box looks like it is in the stock box location? My other question is would either cia fit with the sd hood?One last question where can i get sound clips?

badboy2451
01-10-2006, 01:22 AM
i think that the CIA def gives better airflow due to where its located, again tho...its all opinionated...stage 3 will fit with SD hood and your really gonna have to search for sound clips cuz most are gone by now..try google