SVS light and emission testing [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SVS light and emission testing

BadGT471
01-11-2006, 05:12 PM
I live in IL and received an emissions testing notice.. The way they do it in IL is that they test the OBD system. If there is no SES light, then you will pass. Well, I have an aftermarket HID kit, and I pulled my DRL relay so that I can control the HID's operation and they don't just automatically turn on. Here's my question, will the SVS light on, cause me to fail the emissions test? The SES light is NOT ON, but the SVS stays on all the time.. Will this cause codes to be thrown, will fail the test? please help me.

Jeff

digitalballz
01-11-2006, 05:33 PM
In Ma. I think you would pass. The OBD test checks your Cat, o2 sensors, egr valve, And anything realted to your emissions. It will fail you if you have an emission related trouble code. If your trouble code is not emission related then you would pass. If the system is the same where your from then you should be ok.

BadGT471
01-11-2006, 06:18 PM
I am guessing it's like yours digital. The paper that I received just says "Vehicle Emission Test Notice" and then it states that theres 2 parts to this test. One that the MIL works correctly, and 2 that the car will pass if the OBD system is working, that all required emission system readiness checks have been completed and that the MIL is not commanded to be illuminated by the on-board computer.

And then it says : During the OBD test, the scan tool will dtermine if the emission control systems and components have been recently checked by the vehicle's OBD system. If all required checks have not been made, the vehicle is considered not ready for inspection and may be rejected.

So, should my SVS light (because I pulled the Day time running lights relay) have anything to do with NOT passing tomorrow?

AznGA
01-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Are you the one that talked to me about this earlier today? Funny how I just got a test notice also. I was worried that CAI and exhaust would give me trouble. My car is also registered in IL.

digitalballz
01-13-2006, 01:45 PM
I dont think you should have any problems passing. As long as you SES light isnt on. The CAI, and exhaust shouldnt have any effect on passing either.