Please help me with this problem! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with this problem!

ATL99GT
01-12-2006, 06:44 PM
My 1999 Grand Am GT (3.4) has been in and out of the shop for the last 6-8 months having everything redone, but we STILL cannot figure this problem out. The car is at my uncle's shop right now, but we are wanting to pick it up and fix the problem ourselves (my father and I). THe problem is as follows: The car will sometimes crank, but when it doesn't fully crank, it turns over, sputters, and pukes. When it does this it floods the cylinder heads with fuel for no reason. We believe it is a PCM controlled-thing, but everytime my uncle plugs the scan-tool or programmer to it everything checks out fine! There are no codes being thrown, and when it is running it runs perfectly! The current mods are Intrax springs, flowmaster cat-back, de-screened MAF, and new speakers with a cd-changer. Please give me ANY valid suggestions or hints! Thank you.

- David

H.O. Driver
01-12-2006, 06:49 PM
The 99 GA had a hard start issue, the dealership has the updated cal for the PCM to help correct this problem. Depends on the last time it was in for service if you have the updated cal or not..

Just for future reference, the MAF with no screen will make the car run leaner, it runs lean enough as it is ;)