security light when remote started [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : security light when remote started

Zique7
01-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Okay, so I would bet that this has been asked already, but I have been looking through and reading threads for over 2 hours now and am looking for a solution.

I just installed a remote start/keyless entry on the ol' 99 GAGT. I installed a passlock bypass with it, but I'm not sure if it is working right. When I start the car normally, there is no problem. When I use the remote start, the security light comes on when I put the key in the ignition and press the brake pedal. That only happens after it has been remote started. Then, after I start driving, the "service engine soon" light comes on as well.

I haven't had any difficulties with starting or anything, but I don't want problems in the future. If this has been asked before, please refer me to the thread. thanx.

sluggerx5
01-13-2006, 05:21 AM
The security light comes on for me after remote start also. There is a reason for that and it is supposed to. As for the SES that may be a different problem, hopefully someone else maybe able to shed some light on that one.

Zique7
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
So the SES thing might just be coincidental(sp?) that it happened after the system was put in?