if i put 55W bulbs in 35W foglights...what will happen? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : if i put 55W bulbs in 35W foglights...what will happen?

tommyortom
01-14-2006, 09:34 AM
i bought a set of fog lights that came with 35W bulbs that are pretty weak....16gauge wiring i believe......

what would happen if i swap 55W bulbs in? would i probably melt the plastic housing or fry the wiring?

H.O. Driver
01-14-2006, 10:09 AM
you will burn up the wireing harness for the fog lights, search E-bay for Blazertech 3200 lights, they come with new housings, upgraded wires, fuse, and relay to work with the stock fog light switch but give you the correct wiring for the wattage of bulb you want.

I have Silverstar H3 bulbs in my Blazertech 3200 fog light housings and they are stupid bright, they make the original Blazertech H3 bulb look like a stock fog light bulb.

pyro
01-14-2006, 11:05 AM
you will burn up the wireing harness for the fog lights, search E-bay for Blazertech 3200 lights, they come with new housings, upgraded wires, fuse, and relay to work with the stock fog light switch but give you the correct wiring for the wattage of bulb you want.

I have Silverstar H3 bulbs in my Blazertech 3200 fog light housings and they are stupid bright, they make the original Blazertech H3 bulb look like a stock fog light bulb.
he has a malibu, and no it wont burn them up. i had 55 watts in my stock 27 watt malibu fogs and they were fine, no melted housings or wires.

H.O. Driver
01-14-2006, 11:31 AM
damn, why did they give the malibu the better setup? O'well, give it a shot, if they fry, you have a second option then.

tommyortom
01-15-2006, 05:29 PM
well these are some aftermarket fogs i bought...i never had the OEM fog lights.