1 piece WFG wiring question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 1 piece WFG wiring question

AaronGAGT
01-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Got my one piece white faced gauges and there's an unknown connector. Red=power, black=ground, black connector=goes to gauges, black 2 prong piece=unknown. Anyone have any ideas what this is for???

This came brand new and doesn't have any switch or knob like the 6 piece does.

AaronGAGT
01-16-2006, 03:23 PM
from the overwhelming response... I figured out it was supposed to come with a switch (attachment) but mine didnt come with one, nor will the ebay store seller reply to any of my emails. Any ideas where I could find this part or what I should do with the ebayer?

brim
01-16-2006, 04:39 PM
you got screwed buddy

a little late response, yes all 4 faces have wires off, then the positive and ground, and then a set that run to that switch

i'd assume that since it just runs to an on and off switch that if you wired them together you close the circuit and they will constantly stay on when the power is supplied, however I'm not sure, I'd contact the seller

AaronGAGT
01-16-2006, 06:02 PM
I dont have 4 faces... just 1 large one with only 1 hook up.

But yea, I just cut off that connector and connected the wires. Works fine now. Thanks for the input. I'm wiring to parking lights anyways so whats the use of having this unnecessary switch? for the less fortunate that dont know what to splice into?? lol