heater problems. HELP NEEDED! please! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : heater problems. HELP NEEDED! please!

zx7ninja
01-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Hello all, I am having major problems with my heater in my 2001 GA.
It is very very serious, since I have a 14 month old child that needs to ride in this car. She can't freeze. Y'knolw?
I need some help as to what the problem is, I can't afford to paymsomeone to start pulling m car apart looking for the problem.

Here's what's happening.
First, 1-4 dies. YES, I KNOW that there's an issue similar to this dealing with the resistors. I do NOT think that's the problem here. What happened was that the heater started clunking and banging, and saounded like is was crunching something up. Kind of like and ice cruncher.
Since then, 1-4 don't work.

5 worked fine for a couple days, but now it's dying also. What happend, is that the heat will be on for a minute, then gets slower and slower, then it sounds likeit's ticking, or something is in it. Tick tick tick tick, slower and slower, until it dies. Couple minutes later, it goes back on. Then it dies again.

Argh!!!!

freeze12
01-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Sounds like You need the heater blower fan motor replaced as the bushings may be toast.

zx7ninja
01-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Any idea how much that would cost?

I WILL pay today to have it fixed, but the shops around here charge 65 or so an hour just to investigate what's wrong. And if it takes 2 hours, you get billed for 4. Y'know? THAT'S what I can't afford.

If I can get ideas on the problem, I can save a lot of cash.

freeze12
01-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Advance has it for....

Part No.
35352 Factory Air Blower Fan Motor
Use when replacing a two terminal motor; Motor w/Wheel
Warranty: Lifetime Limited $42.96

zx7ninja
01-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks!
I'm off to check stock the local advance. I want this fixed today.

freeze12
01-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Your welcome: Please keep us informed