Getting Milzy PCM...Case relearn with diagnostic tool? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Getting Milzy PCM...Case relearn with diagnostic tool?

angrysk8r
01-29-2006, 12:20 PM
I recently ordered a PCM from milzy motorsports, and I've heard that you will need to do a Case learn if you replace your PCM. I was wondering if you would be able to do it with either a "alex pepper" or a "pro scan" diagnostic tool. If so, what software would I need and where could I get it?

Also, I've heard from several sources that you won't need to do a case learn if you get a PCM and it isn't really necessary at all.....since I'm kind of a newb to this whole subject...I'm wondering if that's true or not.

iceman
01-29-2006, 01:43 PM
Can not do it with Alex Peper's tool as far as I know... not unless you know the raw code to send to the PCM.. If you find out a way please, let me know ;)

angrysk8r
01-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Several people on clubgp.com said that it can be done.....but i didn't find anyone who had actually done it....surprisingly most of the GP people said they never did a case learn and had run their cars forever without getting one and had no problems at all.....soooooo im not sure exactly what to do

if all else fails ill just have to go to the dealer and get on their asses about not reflashing it

LukeD
01-30-2006, 06:20 PM
PowerTuners do it for sure.

Regalblue
01-31-2006, 01:32 AM
Tech II

angrysk8r
02-04-2006, 11:13 AM
WOW, just went to the GM dealership to find out if I could get a case learn cheap there. I asked about 4 people there who all ran to go find someone else because NONE of them knew what a case learn was. Finally I got someone who knew what I was talking about. I told him that I needed the case learn done without them reflashing the PCM, he goes back to his computer for about 5 min, then some lady comes back and says it will cost 80 DOLLARS TO DO A CASE LEARN. She also said that GM cars from the year 99 and above do the case learn by themselves....Needless to say I was gone soon after.

Anybody know what the consequences of NOT having a case learn?

coupe
02-04-2006, 05:17 PM
When i got my DHP i drove it for like 3 weeks without a case learn and it seemed totaly fine. I had no lights on or anything and it drove the way it was supposed to. I had it done anyway by ZZP becuase they are litteraly 3 miles from my house and Zoom charged me $25.

angrysk8r
02-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Yes but...what is the worst that can happen to a lightly modified car? What are the consequences of NOT getting the case learn?

LukeD
02-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Don't worry about it. Take it from me, I went almost a year without a CASE learn till I got my PowerTuner. Only if you throw a code (which I never did) do you really "need" one.