HELP miss when cold need HELP! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HELP miss when cold need HELP!

chill03sct
02-03-2006, 11:08 AM
the majority of mornings (cold starts and such) my car will idle fine, but when the motor is still cold or cool it has a miss when i give it gas, a constant miss almost like a bad plug or something, but the miss goes away as i drive it more and its warmer outside. what could this be?? the missing will go from anywhere around the first 5 miles of driving to almost 20 miles... so it should by that time be plenty warm. also, when it does miss if i decide to accelerate faster, and even floor it it wont miss. its mainly when i take of moderatly slow and when im at a cruising pace. when i was stopped in traffic hte other day, i held my brake in like i was gettin ready to launch it while it was in gear and gave it gas... it sputtered pretty bad. then i tried it at a couple lights down and it went away... could something as simple as a top engine cleaner work, or just an injector cleaner? getting rid of the deposits and such... im just at a lose of what to do and figured maybe someone here knew what the deal was. thank you in advance!

ps its hurting my gas mileage considerably too if that helps...

coupe
02-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Try sea foam first.

chill03sct
02-03-2006, 11:42 AM
sea foam whats that u speak of? what does it do?

coupe
02-03-2006, 11:53 AM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59323&highlight=sea+foam

I just posted this, there is a link in there also to the site.
There is also threads on the subject so feel free to search it.

Mike Jung
02-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Sea Foam (http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm)

chill03sct
02-08-2006, 10:50 AM
still having problems with my miss, could it be wires? maybe im just missing something somewhere...

angrysk8r
02-08-2006, 01:33 PM
could be wires....perhaps a vacuum line isn't sealed in all the way?

chill03sct
02-16-2006, 05:17 PM
it could be vaccume but i doubt it, i dont see how it would go away after i drive down the road further and get the car warmed up. now this morning it was pretty humid in the air, lots of moisture... now the whole way to work it missed...? could it just be the moisture getting in somewhere? plugs wires? im gettin ready to change the plugs and wires tomorrow. any other tips or hints?

freeze12
02-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Check the coil packs for any corrosion or cracks as that will cause a miss.

coupe
02-17-2006, 05:10 AM
Best thing for you to do is replace your plugs and wires and might as well replace your coil packs while your at it, pull all the plugs also and check them out. How long has it been (if ever) have you done a tune up?