3 prong wall outlet [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 3 prong wall outlet

badboy2451
02-06-2006, 06:27 PM
im lookin for directions on how to put a wall outlet into my car....it would come in handy a lot, i saw irate had a couple in his car so if someone could point me in the right direction i would appriciate it

onesexyga
02-06-2006, 06:30 PM
power inverter. They do have some small cig lighter ones, but mostly theyre hardwired. Still not too complicated. There are plenty of places to put them in the interior. You can find them almost anywhere.

ViperGTSR
02-06-2006, 06:57 PM
heres an idea. removed the plate from the inverter, and mounted it separate from the actual unit, worked great

EDIT: man i can't type for crap

nascarnate326
02-06-2006, 06:59 PM
heres an idea. remived the plate from the inverted, and mounted it separate from the actual unit, worked great

That looks really nice and clean.

DrFabulous
02-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Nice work, Alex. Been needing to do that for some time... having it in my glove box isn't as cool as I am.

badboy2451
02-06-2006, 08:10 PM
yea alex, thats what im looking for...mainly want it for my laptop when i take it to school because my battery life sucks. I read that they make cigarette lighter adapters but mine doesn't work for a couple different reasons

how exactly did you wire that?

ATL99GT
02-06-2006, 08:16 PM
haha, what happens when the passenger has static built up on their pants and sits right beside it? BAM

sc02grandam
02-06-2006, 08:19 PM
haha, what happens when the passenger has static built up on their pants and sits right beside it? BAM

what diff would it make? static cant hurt you....

ViperGTSR
02-06-2006, 08:23 PM
yea alex, thats what im looking for...mainly want it for my laptop when i take it to school because my battery life sucks. I read that they make cigarette lighter adapters but mine doesn't work for a couple different reasons

how exactly did you wire that?
ran like 6-8g wire from + batt remote location and hooked the actual unit up right underneath where the cupholder/pad is under the center console area there. Grounded it right there too.

I cut an area out witha dremel, removed the face from the inverter, and extended all wires (here you either need to make disconnects in the wires, or wire it THROUGH the hole you cut before u make final connections.)

this lacks teh funnAy

On a similar topic, u have to watch out for when u have something plugged into the outlet and someone moves the seat forward, it will bend the prongs

CREDIT: goes to willie aka Papio. he has creative genius, and i love him.

badboy2451
02-06-2006, 08:45 PM
thanks buddy