Better wiring for Angeleyes. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Better wiring for Angeleyes.

Graxall
02-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Currently i have my angeleyes wires to a 2 way switch and my stock switch isnt usable anymore. I know theres a way to wire it to your old switch which is wat i want to do for the fogs themselves but keep the angeleyes on a seperate switch. Basically all i need to know is what wires/wires do i have to place into or connect to make it like this..Also while im at it, are the angeleye fogs bulb the same size as stock fogs bulbs and what size is it? I did search on this and didnt find anything to help me....thanks

badboy2451
02-10-2006, 11:53 AM
i jsut connected the purple wire from the stock harness to the white wire on the angel eyes on the passanger side, and the stock switch now works for the actual fogs, and my 2 way works for the halo

Jeremy
02-10-2006, 11:54 AM
you mean these instructions that are posted on the mods section and on pfyc.com?

http://www.grandamgt.com/mod_images/blazer/angeleyewiring-lrg.jpg

Graxall
02-10-2006, 11:56 AM
you mean these instructions that are posted on the mods section and on pfyc.com?

http://www.grandamgt.com/mod_images/blazer/angeleyewiring-lrg.jpg
I thought that was a diagram to wire whe whole thing JUST to a switch not Halo to a switch and fogs to stock switch

Jeremy
02-10-2006, 12:01 PM
I thought that was a diagram to wire whe whole thing JUST to a switch not Halo to a switch and fogs to stock switch

nope :thumbs:

Graxall
02-10-2006, 12:05 PM
nope :thumbs:
Yea it is dude, that diagram shows it going to 1 switch. I just need to know what wire(that goes fro mthe connector to the switch) is for the Halo and ill just split that one to a diff switch...

atc3434
02-10-2006, 02:09 PM
At the relay, you need the lead from the stock fog lights to energize the relay and turn on the fogs. The angel eye is on the switch you added. Its all like its listed right in that diagram. Or maybe I'm confused on what you wanna do. But that setup allows for teh stock switch to control fogs, and an additional switch to control the Halo.

iceman
02-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Yea it is dude, that diagram shows it going to 1 switch. I just need to know what wire(that goes fro mthe connector to the switch) is for the Halo and ill just split that one to a diff switch...

Well let's see... I'm going to take 3 seconds and look at that diagram up there.

Ok 3 seconds is up, and in that 3 seconds, I saw that yellow is the power for the rings, and white triggers the fog lights.

Or you could also walk your lazy ass outside and look at the actual light too...

Why you would want to use anything but the switch that came with them to do this is beyond me.. You can't even see the rings lit if the fogs are on

Graxall
02-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Well let's see... I'm going to take 3 seconds and look at that diagram up there.

Ok 3 seconds is up, and in that 3 seconds, I saw that yellow is the power for the rings, and white triggers the fog lights.

Or you could also walk your lazy ass outside and look at the actual light too...

Why you would want to use anything but the switch that came with them to do this is beyond me.. You can't even see the rings lit if the fogs are on
Ok there captain calm down. I didnt knwo the yellow was for the rings, all the wires touch the circle at the same part, and i was just asking for the wire that the angels run off of and you said it(yellow) thats all u had to say bro. And i cant walk outside and do it because im working lol...