gas miliage with CAI [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : gas miliage with CAI

derrickmartin
02-13-2006, 02:33 PM
well as some of you have read, i have just put a new CAI on my car, the one that you can make yourself off n-body.net

i put it in and everyuthing flawlessly, started right up, no problems. but one thing i have noticed, is that my gas gauge, seems to be either, A) really messed up and isnt reading correctly, or B) raeding correctly and the new CAI is actually hurting my gas miliage. after i put the CAI on i filled my tank to see how my gasmiliage was..that was saturdaynight, i have only gone 70.9 miles and the gas guage is reading 1/2 tank...

any ideas on this?

thanks,
derrick

coupe
02-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Alot of people who get exhuast or intake stomp the gas alot to hear it, are you being heavy on the skinny pedal?

nascarnate326
02-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Alot of people who get exhuast or intake stomp the gas alot to hear it, are you being heavy on the skinny pedal?

beat me to it

derrickmartin
02-13-2006, 02:42 PM
before i filled up since i have like .00000003 gal. left in teh tank..lol but since i've filled up i havent been like that AS much, i mean i have done it like 2 times..

DrFabulous
02-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Unless you screwed something up, you're stomping the pedal. A CAI won't change your milage that much.

Graxall
02-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Unless you screwed something up, you're stomping the pedal. A CAI won't change your milage that much.
Actually it does. CAI are advertised to improve gas milage which is BS. Just break it down, CIA alows more air flow into your engine. When this happenes your engine goes hey, we need to send enough fuel to mix with the air to run the car, so it sends more fuel to ballance the air:fuel ratio. Pretty simple, more air = more gas = more gas u use...

iceman
02-13-2006, 03:39 PM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45036&highlight=mileage+CAI
among many other things.. search