Either tranny or TPS issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Either tranny or TPS issue

timka86
02-15-2006, 12:49 PM
I have a 2000 GA GT 3.4 V6 and i'm having problems when accelerating out of a turn. I seems like either a dead spot in the throtle position sensor, or hesitation in the tranny trying to downshift.

What happens is when i accelerate out of a turn the car revs then lets go, revs. lets go. The RPM needle jumps up about 500 rpms then stops accelerating and then again until i let go or the pedal. This only happens when coming out or a turn. When i press the pedal further, it doesn't downshift, although it feels like it should, but it still does the 1 second acceleration then pause. This repeats until i release the pedal and let it shift up. This always happens when in second gear.

1. So i thought it could either be a dead spot in the tps and sending messed up signals to the computer or

2. The tranny wants to downshift and is hesitating, because i did have an incident once where i drove with extremely low trans fluid unknowingly and shifts crappy ever since.

any one have any input. If it is the tranny could it be the valve body just needs some cleaning, or maybe new solenoids?

thanks in advance for input.

freakydeaky
02-15-2006, 02:59 PM
i would say it's not a tps issue, if so that your "service engine light" would be on.... could possibly be a faulty PCM

blckgagt
02-15-2006, 04:58 PM
i had to same problem, but now mine does it all the time. I was told by the dealerships that i need to replace the clutch packs. It was the 2nd and 4th gear that they said was messed up on mine.

laxjax13
02-21-2006, 03:14 PM
off topic but
timka where in chicago are u? got any mods?