window clip/sash adhesive [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : window clip/sash adhesive

gabrian
02-17-2006, 12:15 AM
For the people who had to replace their window clips can you tell me what kind of adhesive you used. I know gm offers an adhesive(I have the part number so please dont give it to me lol) but I think it requires an applicator and I dont want to pay over a 100 dollars for it. I found a 3M adhesive at napa that might work but again it requires an applicator that costs around a 100 bucks. I know I can pick up some epoxy at any auto store but I want to use something that is commercial grade so I dont have to go through the pain of doing this again. Another question that comes to mind is, does anyone fabricate metal clips for the windows? Like I said I want this to be a one time deal, not 6 or 10 times like ive seen some poeple have to do. I think since I replaced the regulator I shouldnt have any more broken clips. From what pontiac told me the original regulators were defective and they have been redesigned. Maybe this is why the people who only replace the broken clips and not the regulator have to keep replacing broken clips? Anyways, any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

freakydeaky
02-17-2006, 10:45 AM
industro weld (http://jbweld.net/products/industro.php)

AaronGAGT
02-17-2006, 01:04 PM
i used the 2 part 5 ton epoxy from any store and its held up for 3 years

manic mechanic
02-18-2006, 08:21 AM
JB Weld - the slow setting stuff - 2 years.