Steering Column Component issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Steering Column Component issue

tokgrandamgt
02-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Alright i've finally figured out that all my problems may be connected:
1.) Blinkers click and flash extremely fast- Happened on and off for 2 or so years...now its constant.
2.) Foglamps dim- Foglight bulbs very dim, but when blinkers are clicking normal, they are normal.
3.) Crusie control- Noticed that my cruise won't work anymore, the light will flash for a quick second on the dash, but turns off and won't engage.
4.) Horn- My horn no longer works. It used to not work when I hit the lock button on my keyfob, but now it doesn't even work when I hit it on the wheel, which seemed to work when the blinker is normal.
5.) Windshield washer spray button- This no longer sprays liquid on the windshield when I hit the button. The windshield wipers will go across windshield, but no fluid and my fluid light is not lit up on the dash, tho i haven't checked the fluid yet

Any ideas as to if all these problems are connected, and what it may be so I have some clue into what to mention to the dealer?

P.S. When horn wasn't working, key was not in ignition and I pressed the horn hard...the blinker lights lit up and my speedo and rpm lights came on, even the needles wanted to jump up?

coupe
02-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Well number 5 is easy lol Put fluid in it

tokgrandamgt
02-20-2006, 06:54 PM
number 5 has been determined to not be that i forgot fluid...since it did not work in 50 degree weather, but two days later worked in 20 degree weather without filling it....

onesexyga
02-20-2006, 07:01 PM
could be a bulb out, or a harness not connected. Check the headlights and taillights.

Pull the panel off the steering column. Lifts right up. Might be something ****ty in there.

Bad ground somewhere?

My final guess- haunted. Try an exorcism.

tenstrum
02-21-2006, 07:54 AM
"1.) Blinkers click and flash extremely fast- Happened on and off for 2 or so years...now its constant."

You need to replace your hazard lights switch.