Low Coolant Light at WOT [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Low Coolant Light at WOT

Psi
02-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Hey, been a while since I've been here (winter's kept me away).

I'm just wondering if I have a bigger problem then what it think is the issue.

I've had my Low Coolant light come on only briefly when I open up car.

I'm assuming my coolant is just a bit low and when I step on it, it throws more coolant through the system and triggers the sensor.

There hasn't been any visible leakage (it's winter, it's hard to tell), so I'm just going to top it up and see what happens.

Did anyone have this happen to them before their LIM / UIM gaskets went on them ? :S

Thanks for any info guys.

NYCgrandam37
02-25-2006, 10:56 AM
i got the same prob, when i had my oil changed we took a look at it at the service place i use and they said its gotta be sensor b/c coolant levels were fine. on the bright side for me im nto gonna fix it b/c i hav e4 more months with th car b4 my 06 mustang comes in. :)

eBandit
02-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Mine did the same thing and I didnt allways see anything leaking, then it got a bit worse and I could see puddles under the car after I shut it off, it was the water pump in my case. At first it was such a small amount that over time it caused the light to come on when I pulled out from lights etc., but at that time with the amounts so low I never noticed any leaks (I assume it was such a small amount each time it dried up or something).
It wasnt until mine got worse one day and I seen the puddles under it that I looked into it further and of course the leaks were on the passenger side= water pump! Very cheap and super easy to replace.

Hope you arent developing the LIM problem, I know before I found out were the small amounts were going I was constantly checking my oil (as well as antifreeze) for cross contamination.

NYCgrandam37
02-25-2006, 01:47 PM
well thats good to know ebandit. but i should be able to make it until the car is no longer my prob. its been like this since about december

Psi
02-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up.
I hope it's simply that something funky is up with the sensor.
If not, then I hope it's the water pump lol.
If it's my UIM/LIM, then well ****, nothing I can do but fix it when it gets problematic lol.

NYCgrandam37
02-25-2006, 05:05 PM
no prob, i mean i keep the car in the garage every night n i have never seen anythign on the ground so it may be a sensor, but that was just my experience