Exhaust Leak.... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Leak....

Skillet
02-25-2006, 03:45 PM
No sounds of exhaust leak when the car is idling in nuetral. When I put the car in drive and start to give some gas, sounds like a hoopty, all buzzing and crap.. Any ideas. Midas guy on the phone said sounds like the spring bolts on the exhaust have broken.

-Chris

GrandAmGT1996
02-26-2006, 01:41 AM
Stock exhaust, SLP, Borla...details will get you more response (possibly)

Skillet
02-26-2006, 12:53 PM
All stock exhaust. Prior SLP but stock all the way now.

digitalballz
02-26-2006, 05:13 PM
could be any number of different things.

Malaclypse
02-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Exhaust leaks are simple. Get under the car. Have someone rev the engine. Find the leak and fix it.

Also check your heat shields for contact with the pipe.

Skillet
02-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Ok. I have done all of the above. No the exhaust shields are not hitting the pipe or the body. It is an exhaust leak. During idle and when in park there is no leak, but when in drive there is a leak.

action
03-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Donut gasket is gone. This gasket is located between the manifold and the downpipe and is held in place with a bolted flange. Usually when this is gone its because the motor moutns are worn and the engine moves too much under acceleration. (motor always moves a litte in its rubber mounts, the donut gasket is there to match this so the exhaust dont crack)

digitalballz
03-10-2006, 06:36 PM
During idle and when in park there is no leak, but when in drive there is a leak.

ok I like this one. No leak when in park. Yes there is you just cant hear it. Most likely the donut gasket, could be the gasket after your cat too.