A Friendly Reminder [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A Friendly Reminder

pyro
02-27-2006, 07:38 AM
Move Over (http://www.fhp.state.fl.us/PhotoGallery/PG022206.htm)
Having riddin with a State Trooper on numerous occasions for a research project, this is by far the best thing you can do to help. I personally was almost hit by someone going over the line. Please do your part and move over or slow down to 20 under the speed limit.

GrahamKracka
02-27-2006, 08:17 AM
yea, fo sho

my dad was hit by speeding ****er who didnt move over or slow down

Braves299
02-28-2006, 12:46 PM
damn

Abbaby
03-01-2006, 12:23 AM
that upsets me. Some ppl dont have any respect for officers, when they are doing there jobs and they are human beings. My mom is a dispatcher and my step dad is a detective for the local police dept here. I love some of those officers, there awesome and very friendly.

PsychoTeddy
11-20-2006, 01:57 PM
I always move over... For that exact reason...
That, and I watch too much "World's Wildest Police Videos" lol

tilson
01-20-2007, 10:23 PM
we had that happen here in good ol' wyoming, now its law that you must change lanes for all parked emergency vehicles

homeskillit37
01-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Last time we were in Texas the police had 3 or 4 people pulled over on the right side of the road. So my brother went to the left lane. Then he got pulled over and a written warning for driving in the left lane without passing. Of course in Texas if you want to pass and it is only one lane in each direction the person in front drives on the shoulder to let you by. Thats why i don't like to cross the border.

LoboMan7409
01-21-2007, 02:16 AM
Good reminder, dont be a doushe bag to the cops, they are working to keep us safe

00GT1
01-21-2007, 02:47 AM
f-ing rubberneckers, as a paramedic i've seen one too many of these things... people need to learn to mind their own business

timberwoof
01-21-2007, 05:19 AM
Yeah the one thing that pisses me off, is the people that have 3 lanes of traffic on the Highway and decide to stay in the outside, with no other traffic on the road. MOVE OVER you morons....

LoboMan7409
01-21-2007, 03:16 PM
f-ing rubberneckers, as a paramedic i've seen one too many of these things... people need to learn to mind their own business

Hell yeah, the other day when I was getting onto the freeway there was an accident, not even on the side of the freeway we were on but people were slowing down to like 20 MPH just to see what was going on

abiyng_03GT
03-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Just FYI, in Illinois it is illegal to not move over, it is called Scott's Law and troopers run details to check for idiots who refuse to obey...

Snowboardr18
03-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Just FYI, in Illinois it is illegal to not move over, it is called Scott's Law and troopers run details to check for idiots who refuse to obey...

is that only if the next lane is open? what if there is traffic, must you slow down and possibly stop to wait and get over? just wonderin cause i've had times in HEAVY traffic that i really could not get over when passing the cop but i did slow down a good bit.

abiyng_03GT
03-18-2007, 06:01 PM
is that only if the next lane is open?

Yes, of course, but every effort should be made to get out of the way, obviously that would be a really dumb reason to have a reckless homocide charge...

Driver
06-29-2007, 02:45 PM

Damn Straight!I drive transport and there's nothing more irritating than a 10 mile backup because dum-dums are busy looking at the accident on the other side of the freeway.I can live with waiting for an accident to clear from my side of the road,but waiting on a gawkers block drives me INSANE!!

notsoaveragej0e
06-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Damn Straight!I drive transport and there's nothing more irritating than a 10 mile backup because dum-dums are busy looking at the accident on the other side of the freeway.I can live with waiting for an accident to clear from my side of the road,but waiting on a gawkers block drives me INSANE!!

I always thought they should bring a giant 10foot high curtain wall and place it around accident sites to prevent that... would be an interesting experiment.

GrandAmGT1996
06-29-2007, 03:06 PM
(I know this thread is way outdated buttT)

its now a law in PA that you have to switch the farthest lane away from an officer that has somebody pulled over, and if you cant...you are supposed to slow down to a certain speed but i'm not sure what it is, i always get over anyway...

jay el cee
09-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Hell yeah, the other day when I was getting onto the freeway there was an accident, not even on the side of the freeway we were on but people were slowing down to like 20 MPH just to see what was going on

thats right;lets move it along people ,theres nothing to see here. this is official police business you nosey morons.

Grandamgtblk99
09-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Way to bump a 3 year old thread

Grreen99GT
09-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Way to bump a 3 year old thread

my first thought was, "is pyro back? wtf"
hahah

sandz
08-09-2012, 01:35 AM
helfpul reminder, thanks for sharing

Shade2012
08-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Sandz, please check the dates of the thread before you post.

Yes616
12-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Nothing wrong with how old the thread is where folks have something new to add. Speaking of new, that would be me and I would like saying hello to all.

Back to topic.. In some states there are laws like this. Recently in New York State a law was enacted that states you must move over one lane when passing any emergency vehicle with lights flashing. If you can't move over, slow down. I think FL has the idea better. Slow to under 20 MPH of the speed limit. I also think that where ever possible, use the same practice no matter who it is on the side of the road.