please help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : please help

Jgoad2
02-27-2006, 01:09 PM
My svs/trac off/abs lights were coming on.. i took it to my mechanic he said usually when that happenes it the alternator. anyways he hooked it up to the computer. (at this time the lights were off) and he said the battery was at 63% and the altnernator was fine. so i replaced the battery and the lights didnt come on for a few weeks and today driving down the road at about 60mph the lights came on. i turned the car off and turned it back on the lights were off. Before i replaced the batterty they would come on at various speeds. does any one know y its doing this or what it could be? i want to try to have the lights on and take it to the mechanic to hook it up while they are on. please help....

Metallman56
02-27-2006, 01:15 PM
my 99 se would do that all the time. my 01 gt has done it a couple of time, i noticed it happend when it was cold out. i guessed it was a bad abs sensor, but i never replaced it due to the fact that you could just turn the car off and reset the cpu, and have abs again. as far as knowing it was for a fact i didnt, it was just a guess.

Psi
02-27-2006, 10:44 PM
I believe you have a wheel bearing problem.
That's the typical cause when all three of those codes are thrown.

No offence to your mechanic, but he's WAY off on this one.
If he hooked it up and read the codes, he would have found this to be the problem.

And you don't need to have the car's SVS/ABS/Trac lights on for him to check what they are, all the error codes are stored in your computer for him to get out.

iceman
02-27-2006, 11:09 PM
see the sticky at the top :nono: