Sun Roof and Service engine light on 1999 grand am GT [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Sun Roof and Service engine light on 1999 grand am GT

pin2win1
03-02-2006, 08:02 AM
Hey guys, i need some help. First off I have a 99 grand am gt and all the sudden the service engine light came on. Normally during the first drive of the day my car will stutter and the light will blink, then i turn it off for 10 seconds and restart it and the car runs fine but the light will stay on and not blink. Then at night it seems after some driving the light goes off entirely. Then the next day the same process happens again. I took it for a diagnostic test and it says cyl 3 is misfiring. Does anyone know what it wrong?
Second, all the sudden my power roof wont open. It starts to move when i push the button and goes up maybe an 1/8 of an inch and then stops. Does this sound like a motor problem or something mechanical with the track? ANy info you can give me would be great.

Slim
03-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Hey guys, i need some help. First off I have a 99 grand am gt and all the sudden the service engine light came on. Normally during the first drive of the day my car will stutter and the light will blink, then i turn it off for 10 seconds and restart it and the car runs fine but the light will stay on and not blink. Then at night it seems after some driving the light goes off entirely. Then the next day the same process happens again. I took it for a diagnostic test and it says cyl 3 is misfiring. Does anyone know what it wrong?
Second, all the sudden my power roof wont open. It starts to move when i push the button and goes up maybe an 1/8 of an inch and then stops. Does this sound like a motor problem or something mechanical with the track? ANy info you can give me would be great.

For the misfire, check your plugs, wire and coil packs. Also, could be a clogged injector.

As for the moonroof. It's once push of the button to crack the vent, and another push to open it all the way. If that doesn't make it work properly the swtich or motor could be pooched.

pin2win1
03-02-2006, 08:09 AM
yeah i know it is a 2 push button, however the first push won't even put it up. But to be honest the moonroof is the least of my 2 concerns... Yet i feel like it may cost me more than my misfire.