Low temps? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Low temps?

peterm15
03-02-2006, 05:38 PM
OK so my 1994 grand am gt 3100 sfi is runnin cold.. the temp gause barely moves from 40 ( the cold stage.)

it all started with a rad leak. so i replaced the rad. now the temp runs cold and i dont get any heat in my vehicle. and when its -30 C its kinda cold. lol.

i have also replaced the thermo. so thats brand new.

the car does sometimes warm up and blow heat when im makin alot of stops for lights and stuff. but it cools right down when i get up to speed for about 3 min.

i did a search and i came up with this. but my problem goes beyond

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43700&highlight=low+running+temp

coolent is a 50/50 and filled properly ( using the faq ).... im stuck...

there is also a tranny problem. it slips when driving through a small town ( low speeds and stops.)... and takes about 15 min of warming up to be able to move from my driveway in the mornin. ive checked the fluid level and it is fine. any ideas there as well..

thanks.
pete

peterm15
03-04-2006, 12:12 PM
does anyone have any ideas

UldLose
03-04-2006, 12:39 PM
It pretty much sounds like you have defective termostat I used to see that happen all the time if you drop it a few times ( not just you the guy at the parts store and soo on) they tend to break and get stuck open after the first heat cycle. that's the cheapest thing to do. You can also presure test your cooling system to see if its holding pressure. next thing to do is reverse flush the heater core to see if it blocked up.
Mark

peterm15
03-04-2006, 03:40 PM
thanks alot.. ill try all mentioned above and see whats goin on.... thanks again